- Purpose. The purpose of this Policy is to ensure that PCS takes appropriate steps to use, request, collect, store, or disclose information when you use any PCS products or services (collectively the “Services”) including but not limited to TMX Express, Account Express, Mobile Express, and Asset Management Express.This Policy governs any and all data collection and usage by PCS. Through the use of the Services and website, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.As a company with a global presence, PCS is subject to the varying requirements of data protection legislation in jurisdictions where PCS operates. PCS’s aim is to be as consistent as possible and obey all applicable laws and apply the highest standard of privacy laws.
- Definitions.Identifiable Information (PII): Any information about an individual, including any information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as name, address, email address, telephone number and demographic information, such as age, gender, and interests, that you voluntarily give PCS in provision of Services or interaction with PCS’s website.Sensitive Personal Information: Personal data such as financial information or data related to payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that PCS collects in provision of Services or purchase, order, return, exchange or request of information from PCS or its website.
- Accountability. PCS is responsible for developing and implementing this Policy and an Office responsible for receiving complaints and providing individuals with information on PCS’s privacy practices.
- Notice. Documenting the information that PCS must make clear to its business customers regarding the PII PCS collects and processes.PCS greatly respects your privacy. PCS maintains and reserves the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (i.e. bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, or changes in Services). In certain circumstances, PCS may use its website, newspapers, or other public means to post a Notice.For EU Users: PCS operations are located in the United States. If you provide information to PCS, the information may be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing PII to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
- Choice and Consent. The circumstances under which PCS needs explicit end user consent for data processing and the choices PCS must give to customers about processing of their PII.All visitors to PCS’s website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from PCS by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from PCS’s website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected] or click the link, in an email or on the website, to unsubscribe. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. PCS will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any PII previously collected.
- Collection. It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to PCS. Although if you elect not to do so, PCS reserves the right not to provide you with Services. Collection of PII is restricted to only that which is necessary, including further restrictions for collection of Sensitive Personal Information.PCS may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist PCS in providing and maintaining superior quality service.PCS may have the occasion to collect geo-location information. PCS may request access or permission to and track location-based information in provision of Services, either continuously or while you are using PCS Services. If you wish to change access or permissions, you may do so by contacting the following: [email protected]
PCS may have the occasion to collect cookies, sent from your web browser. You may limit the collection of cookies through your browser settings.
PCS’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected under the age of thirteen (13), PCS shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from PCS databases, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use PCS’s website and/or Services.
- Use and Retention. PCS collects data for several reasons, including but not limited to:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with Services, including prospective Services;
- To create or manage your account;
- To contact you regarding your account or Services;
- To fulfill PCS’s interest in improving Services;
- To send you promotional emails containing information you may be interested in, with your consent;
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity;
- To process payments;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, with your consent;
- To utilize PCS’s website according to your online behavior and personal preferences, to keep you informed of other possible Services that may be available;
- To respond to issues related to Services;
- To respond to requests for information from law enforcement, regulatory or licensing authorities, or the state or federal government
The data PCS collects from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time information is retained will be determined on elements including but not limited to the following:
- The length of time your PII remains relevant;
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that PCS has fulfilled its duties and obligations;
- The time period as required by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations;
- The requirements as prescribed in any and all contracts with you, the existence of your consent, and in PCS’s legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
PCS will delete information once it no longer needs to be retained.
- Disclosure and Onward Transfer.PCS may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide Services;
- In order ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant, to protect the rights, property, and safety of others;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce Terms of Service;
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of PCS
Third Parties. PCS may share information with third parties that perform services for PCS or on PCS’s behalf, including payment processing, data analyses, email delivery hosting services, location services, customer services, and marketing assistance.
California Residents. If you are a California resident, you may request and obtain information about categories of PII (if any) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes as well as the names and addresses of all third parties with which PCS shared PII in the immediately preceding calendar year. Outreach may be directed to [email protected] See Section XII for Right to Know Disclosures.
- Quality and Integrity. PCS endeavors to maintain accurate PII, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. PCS will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Security. PCS takes precautions to protect your information. When PCS collects information, the information is protected both online and offline. Wherever PCS collects Sensitive Personal Information that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. PCS uses administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect PII.PCS utilizes encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online and offline. Only PCS employees who need the information to perform a particular role or task are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and services in which PCS stores personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of PII under PCS control.
- Right to Know Disclosures. PCS respects all applicable local laws for data subject rights. For example, California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have certain rights regarding the personal data that PCS retains. This includes rights to request access or deletion of personal data.For EU Users: PCS will respond to access or erasure requests within thirty (30) days, when requested in writing.
|Category of PII||Purpose for Collection of PII||Entities with whom PII is Disclosed|
|Contact Information: Name; Username; Mailing address; Email address; Telephone number; Mobile number.||PCS uses this type of information to identify you and communicate with you, including: To send transactional messages (such as confirmations); To send marketing communications, surveys, and invitation; To personalize communications and provide Services.||PCS may disclose this type of information to its Affiliates, Resellers and third parties.|
|Relationship and Geo-Location Information: Personal characteristics and preferences, such as your age range, marital and family status; Data from ELD Equipment and Services regarding location.||PCS uses this type of information to better understand you and to understand its customers generally; For product and service development and improvement; To identify prospective customers; For internal business purposes, such as quality control, training and analytics; For everyday Business Purposes.||PCS may disclose this type of information to its Affiliates and Service Providers and to: Third parties with whom PCS has joint marketing and similar arrangements; Legal, auditors and consultants; Other third parties as required by law|
|Transaction and Interaction Information: Account information and related records; Records related to use of PCS websites and apps; Authentication data (passwords, account security questions); Customer service records; Visitor logs.||PCS uses this type of information to provide Services, including customer service; For recordkeeping and compliance, including dispute resolution; For internal business purposes, such as finance, quality control, training, reporting and analytics; For risk management, fraud prevention and similar purposes. For everyday Business Purposes.||PCS may disclose this type of information to Affiliates, Resellers, and Third Party providers; Third parties as needed to complete the transaction, including delivery companies, resellers and manufacturers; Lawyers, auditors and consultants Customers, in connection with their audits of PCS as required by law or otherwise.|
|Online & Technical Information: IP Address; Device identifiers and characteristics; Advertising ID; Web Server Logs; First Party Cookies; Third Party Cookies; Web beacons, clear gifs, pixel tags; Server log records; Activity log records.||PCS uses this type of information for system administration, technology management, including optimizing PCS websites and applications; For information security and cybersecurity purposes, including detecting threats; For recordkeeping, including logs and records maintained for everyday business purposes; To better understand PCS customers and prospective customers.||PCS may disclose this type of information to Affiliates, Resellers, and Third parties who assist with PCS’s information technology and security programs; Third parties who assist with fraud prevention, detection and mitigation; Third party network advertising partners; Lawyers, auditors and consultants and third parties as required by law. PCS also discloses this information with your consent, if you explicitly allow us to place third party advertising cookies.|
|Audio Visual Information: PCS collects this type of information from: Photographs; Video images; CCTV recordings; Call center recordings||PCS uses this type of information: For internal business purposes, such as call recordings used for training, coaching or quality control; For relationship purposes; For premises security purposes and loss prevention; For everyday Business Purposes.||PCS may disclose this type of information to PCS Affiliates and Service Providers and Third parties who assist with PCS information technology, security and loss prevention programs; Lawyers, auditors and consultants and other third parties as required by law.|
|Compliance data: PCS collects this type of information to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws; Product safety data and other regulatory information; Records related to consumer preferences, such as opt-ins and opt-outs of marketing programs; Records related to requests.||PCS uses this type of information: To comply with and demonstrate compliance with applicable laws; For internal business purposes, such as risk management, audit, internal investigations, reporting, and analytics; For everyday Business Purposes.||PCS may disclose this type of information to Affiliates and Resellers, lawyers, auditors and consultants; Regulators, customers and other third parties, in connection with their audits of PCS.|